Exam 3 covers the understanding of matrices through their eigenvalues. Elimination is history now, because it does NOT preserve eigenvalues. Notice the special types of matrices (like positive definite) and their factorizations.
Lecture Video and Summary
- Watch the video lecture
Exam 3 Review (00:47:06)
Exam 3 Review
- Read the accompanying lecture summary (PDF)
- Lecture video transcript (PDF)
- Review Chapters 6 and 7, plus Sections 10.2 through 10.3 in the 4th edition or Review Chapters 6, 7, and 8 plus Sections 9.2 through 9.3 in the 5th edition.
Problem Solving Video
- Watch the recitation video on
Exam 3 Problem Solving (00:12:49)
Exam 3 Problem Solving
- Recitation video transcript (PDF)