Prof. Ronitt Rubinfeld
Prof. Albert R. Meyer
MIT Course Number
6.042J / 18.062J
As Taught In
This is an introductory course in Discrete Mathematics oriented toward Computer Science and Engineering. The course divides roughly into thirds:
- Fundamental Concepts of Mathematics: Definitions, Proofs, Sets, Functions, Relations
- Discrete Structures: Modular Arithmetic, Graphs, State Machines, Counting
- Discrete Probability Theory
A version of this course from a previous term was also taught as part of the Singapore-MIT Alliance (SMA) programme as course number SMA 5512 (Mathematics for Computer Science).
Other OCW Versions
OCW has published multiple versions of this subject.
- 6.042J Mathematics for Computer Science (Spring 2015)
- 6.042J Mathematics for Computer Science (Fall 2010)